Friday, October 2, 2009

Lessons from my Rose Bush


I have a little rose bush that my Mamaw cleaned out of her yard. My aunts almost threw it away, but my mom rescued it & brought it to me. When I planted it, I had my doubts. It was so small, so normal, not beautiful. At first it almost died then I gave it some Miracle Grow. I couldn't believe when it started growing leaves. It still was so tiny & insignificant looking next to all the other plants in my flower bed.



Then to my surprise I saw a bud, then two and three. Beautiful pink roses! They looked so beautiful for a week or so. Then slowly the petals fell off & drifted to the ground. Now the bush looked so forlorn & empty. BUT only for a few weeks! Then it started budding again. This little bush has bloomed on & off all spring, summer & fall! My big climbing rose bush may have had more flowers, but this little bush has been in bloom longer! The big bush was so full & beautiful for a week or two. Then the petals blew away & it stands empty. My little bush keeps producing blooms over & over & over.  It takes it's rest in the winter, but comes back each spring ready to provide beauty & color in my yard until fall is over!

God has shown me that I need to strive to be like that little rose bush. I may see myself as small & insignificant. Others may see me that way to. BUT God sees me, loves me & tends to me carefully. As I feed myself from His Word, I will grow.  It may only be a little growth at a time, but when I am fed by His Word, beauty will flow from me. I will blossom into the woman God wants me to be. I may still have my dead times in the winters of my life, but God is faithful to cultivate growth in me & I will blossom again!

Heavenly Father, work in my life that I might be a reflection of your beauty much like this little rose in my yard. Help me to stay in Your Word so that I might blossom & bloom! I thank You & praise You for the lessons You teach me from Your Creation! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment