Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reflections


We recently drove over Kentucky Lake in Western Kentucky. I snapped a few pictures. As I looked at those pictures, I noticed the reflections I saw in the Lake.

On the main Lake, the wind was causing ripples on the lake. You can see the reflection of the trees in the lake, but it's not a clear reflection.

As I was pondering this, I thought about how we are to be reflections of Christ. But many times, the winds of life blow & we allow it to get us all riled up & our reflection of Christ becomes cloudy & not clear.


Then I saw a smaller pond. It was more protected from the wind. The water was so still & the reflection of the trees is clear, like looking in a mirror.

This is how I want my life to be. I want be so dependent on God that when troubles come, I stay still! I want to live life with the outlook that God is my shelter and I do not need to let problems & troubles stir me up. Instead I can BE STILL! I can just trust God. Then & only then will I be a reflection of Christ!

When others see my calmness in adversity, they will want to know how I can be so calm. Then I can share with them about Christ & what He has done in my life & how I have confidence that HE will carry me through no matter the storms that blow. And HE can do the same for every person who trusts in Him!

Dear Lord,
Help me to trust in You! Help me to rely on You to carry me through the storms of life & remain calm so that You will be reflected in my life. Help me not to get blown around by the winds of life and let life rile me up! (Psalm 46:10a - "Be still, and know that I am God;")

No comments:

Post a Comment